What is your favorite Chinese food?
March 22, 2007
"I like General Tso’s chicken. I guess I like it because it’s always the same in all the restaurants, so I always know what I’m getting."
— [Name Withheld], engineer, Lawrence
"I really like the combination fried rice because of the variety of all the ingredients they use."
— [Name Withheld], title abstractor,
Kansas City, Kan.
, because it’s somewhat sweet and it doesn’t have anything too crazy in it." rangoon
— [Name Withheld], Washburn University freshman,
"General’s chicken. I keep trying other things, but I always go back to it. It’s something about the sweet and spicy flavor."
— [Name Withheld],
senior, Lawrence Lawrence High School
[Edited by Gary Soup to delete flippant and/or demeaning comments or excessive prolixity; each bullet represents a separate reader's comments]
- Broccoli and chicken
- Beef and broccoli with steamed rice from Hy-vee. It is always fresh and the broccoli is still crisp in the center. Yummy
- cashew chicken. mmmmmmmmm.
- Chinese burritos.
- Hot and Sour Soup, Sweet and Sour
, Lo Mein whatever, Crab . Rangoon
- Their green beans. Also Mushroon Chicken, and the Pepper Beef, and the skewered chicken. At China Buffet in
they have steamed mussels on the shell (evenings). Yum. Leavenworth
- Mongolian Beef with Beef.
- Hmmmmmmm....Can't say that I've tried everything yet, so, I dunno. I can say that I tend not to like Chinese desserts. A dessert must contain more than a dash of sugar!
- i love the broccoli beef.........hold the broccoli
- Lo mein noodles. Love them.
- I have to watch how much sodium I eat, so Chinese food is a once in a great while treat for me. I love hot and sour soup and anything (well almost) in hot garlic sauce.
- mu shu shrimp
- shrimp lo mein with crab
simple but goooood rangoon
- Bu zhidao, keshi wo chang chang xihuan chi yi pan mongol niu rou he yi wan suan la tang.
- Egg drop soup from the Plum Tree
- Cashew Chicken in
Plumsauce from The Royal Peking (I think the best Chinese in town). I don't think any place else does the Plum Sauce with their Cashew Chicken. I like General Tso's Chicken also.I like most Chinese food, actually.
- ... I'll go dine with jayhawk1234 as I like the broccoli beef minus the beef. Bring on the fried green beans, too. General Tso's Chicken, one spring roll, one
, and some dry fried pork will fill up my plate nicely.... The kids like the authentic Chinese ice cream bar there. rangoon
- actual favorites are oriental salads........with tofu
- I forgot - crab rangoons are a food group unto themselves. The hubby-to-be has to be reminded often that eating 6 of them at a sitting is unhealthy. But they are so GOOOOOD.
- I love Jade Mongolian BBQ. It is so cool to be able to pick the veggies you like and mix it with whatever meat and sauce you like! They also have a regular chinese buffet. Hot and Sour Soup rocks!
- My favorite is Grilled Lemon Chicken from Peking Taste chinese buffet and Crab Rangoon from Jasmins in eudora
- Love them Raman Chicken Flsvor Noodles too.
One long quote was too revealing to butcher by shortening:
- Favorite foods...pretty much everything. I love the Spicy Peppered Beef and their fried potatos.
, King Buffet and Royal Peking also. Oh, and the answer to the question: Cashew Chicken or the sweet Walnut Shrimp from King Buffet. I still remember the first time I had Chinese food. I was a senior in high school 1985 and my mom and I went to Panda Garden to shop. She saw a little place that was a converted hamburger drive in. You parked by the old speakers and there was a paper menu taped to the old sign. It indicated that you could wait for a server to come out, or you could come in. We went in, and I tasted my first Cashew chicken. Also my first Chinese hot tea. I couldn't drink it because it smelled like A&D ointment (diaper rash ointment). Still can't! But I treasure the memory of that "exotic" lunch with mom, and have been a fan of Chinese food ever since." Wichita
Tokyo - Oreshiki Jun
11 hours ago