Friday, February 29, 2008

The Fortune Cookie Chronicles

I just received "The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food" by Jennifer 8. Lee from Amazon.com. It won't even be officially published until March 3, but I ordered it the minute Amazon alerted me to its existence. I've yet to have time to do more than skim it, but it appears to be a great addition to the eatingchinese.org library, somewhere between the J.A.G. Roberts' scholarly "China to Chinatown: Chinese Food in the West" and John Krich's breezy "Won Ton Lust: Adventures in Search of the World's Best Chinese Restaurant".

Since I lifted the cover image, I'd better include a link to Amazon where you can order it. That links goes through Jennifer's website, so she gets an additonal commission if you order it there.
Jennifer 8. Lee is a metro reporter for the New York Times, and yes, her middle name is really "8." Maybe her parents were inspired by George Constanza -- honk if you get the joke.

No comments: